The HORAO research group develops imaging Mueller polarimeters for visualizing healthy human brain tissue and human brain tumors. The final goal is the integration into a neurosurgical microscope to be used on humans.
We currently offer Master projects on the following topics:
- Polarimetric instrumentation for biomedical diagnostics of brain tissue (read more)
- Design of a new polarimetric instrument for visualization of brain tissue
- Multimodal Registration of histological and polarimetric images of brain tissue
- Polarimetric Mosaicing for imaging of macroscopic brain sections
- AI-based Polarimetric multimodal delineation of brain neoplastic tissue
- Advanced visualization of multidimensional polarimetric images of the brain